Tutors’ Code of Conduct
The work of this organisation requires a specific range of actions and commitments. All staff, committee members and volunteers are expected to reflect these in all aspects of their work. Leaders are the foundation of the Hastings U3A Inc. therefore; there are certain expectations of attitudes and behaviours.
Commitment to the organisation and the community
- Acting with integrity when working with members and one another.
- Ensuring that behaviours and attitudes reflect the overall principles and values of the organisation.
- Understanding and supporting the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Honouring all policies and procedures.
- Representing the organisation in a positive way.
- Treating all persons with honesty, courtesy and respect.
- Being responsible, accountable and prepared.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Taking responsibility for reporting any hazards to the Office Manager and maintaining a safe working place.
- Following up all complaints and grievances according to the relevant procedures.
- Obeying the law of the land.
- Following guidelines in terms of Occupational, Health and Safety and taking care of training equipment and facilities.
- Maintaining a shared purpose.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Solving problems collaboratively.
- Supporting each other by encouraging personal growth.
- Being available for training and support sessions.
- Liaising with Co-ordinators regarding any queries or problems which may arise.
All Tutors and Leaders are responsible for adhering to this policy. The Course Coordinator is responsible for the distribution and implementation of this policy.