Hastings U3A Inc reserves the right to accept or reject membership. In order to meet the costs associated with the delivery of programs and services, Hastings U3A Inc. reserves the right to collect fees and charges associated with delivery of these programs and services, and to adjust these as deemed necessary from time to time.
- A member must be aged 55 years or over and no longer fully employed. Any deviation from this age is at the discretion of the Committee of Management.
- Membership is accepted after the receipt of a completed membership form and full payment of the required membership fee. The member is only then entitled to full membership rights and responsibilities and entitled to enroll in the Association’s activities.
- Membership is not transferable to another person.
- Resignation of a member. A member of Hastings U3A Inc. who has paid all monies due and payable by them to the Association may resign from the Association in writing to the Secretary.
- Expulsion. In the unlikely event that Hastings U3A Inc may have to consider the suspension or expulsion of a member, Hastings U3A Inc must first make every attempt to amicably resolve the problem. In the event of this failing, Hastings U3A Inc. may use the rules as stated in the Constitution.